ANTI THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY (ATG) test in Kailashahar
Also known as thyroiditis , hypothyroidism , thyroglobulin antibody, graves disease, underactive thyroid , tgab .
Now in Rs 645
> Test type : SERUM Sample Collection at home
> Pre-Test info: Fasting Not Required
> Test Report : Delivered within 12 Hrs
When your doctor in Kailashahar suspects your body is suffering from an autoimmune disorder, an anti-thyroglobulin antibody test is recommended. This autoimmune disease disrupts the production of thyroglobulin, causing the immune system to attack healthy cells in the body. As a result, antibodies are produced.
People with thyroid problems may have thyroglobulin antibodies. You could have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) .Thyroglobulin antibodies attack thyroglobulin proteins and can cause thyroid gland destruction. ATG blood test may be used to confirm the results of a thyroglobulin test which measures thyroglobulin protein levels. If you are undergoing thyroid cancer treatment, ATG test may be part of your regular checkups to monitor your condition.
ANTI THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY (ATG) - Additional Info
Test Price : Rs. 645 ( Tax included )
- Fasting Not Required
- Sample Type - SERUM
- Highly specific
- Affordable technique
- Fill the booking form
- Expert collect sample @ Home
- Get report in 24/48 hrs
- Serviceable City:Kailashahar
Labs in Kailashahar offering test similar to ANTI THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY (ATG) (Offline – Lab visit )
FAQ’s for Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody test in Kailashahar
What is the price of ATG blood tests in Kailashahar?
The ATG Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody test price in Kailashahar varies as per the reputation , and experience of the pathology lab in Kailashahar. You can get a discount up to 60% on mediyaar and get a free home sample collection services..
How does ATG Test work?
• A blood sample is required for this test.
• You may be instructed not to eat or drink for several hours (usually overnight). Your doctor may monitor you or advise you to stop taking certain medications for a short period of time before the test because they may interfere with the results.
• Some people experience moderate pain when the needle is inserted to draw blood. Others only feel a prick or sting. There may be some throbbing or a minor bruise afterwards. This is quickly forgotten.
What are the symptoms of Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody?
Symptoms of an overactive thyroid include:
• Feeling weak and tired
• Trembling hands and fingers
• Losing weight
• Feeling anxious, nervous, or irritable
• Sweating heavily
• Fast or irregular heartbeat
• Low tolerance for heat
Symptoms of an underactive thyroid include:
• Digestive problems, including constipation
• Problems with menstruation
• Tiredness and a lack of energy
• Dry hair and skin
• Swelling around the eyes
• A frequent feeling of being cold
• Weight gain
• Painful joints
What causes Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody?
A thyroid antibodies test typically detects one or more of the following antibodies:
Antibodies against thyroid peroxidase (TPO). These antibodies may indicate:
• Hashimoto's disease is also known as Hashimoto thyroiditis. This is the most common cause of hypothyroidism and is an autoimmune disease. In a condition called Hypothyroidism , thyroid gland produces insufficient thyroid hormones.
• Grave's disease is an autoimmune disease that is also the most common cause of hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid produces an excessive amount of certain thyroid hormones.
• Antibodies to thyroglobulin (Tg). These antibodies may also indicate Hashimoto's disease. Tg and TPO antibodies are commonly found in people with Hashimoto's disease.
• TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) receptor. These antibodies may indicate Grave's disease.
How can I test ATG at home in Kailashahar?
• Fill out the booking form with your name, address, and phone numberon the top of this page.
• A representative will confirm your appointment date and time via SMS and email.
• Your mentioned home address in Kailashahar will be used to collect the blood samples.
• Prior to sample collection, you will be sent a payment link. You can also pay cash to the technician or scan a QR code at the time of collection.
• We will email the reports to the email address you provided when booking within 24 hours [for most pincodes].
Who needs to take an ATG blood test?
Thyroid antibody testing is not always required to establish a diagnosis of an autoimmune thyroid disorder. Thyroid antibody testing, on the other hand, may be useful to doctors in the following situations:
• Subclinical hypothyroidism: In patients with a high TSH and a normal T4, testing for TPO antibodies may help predict whether the hypothyroidism will progress from subclinical to more severe and permanent dysfunction.
• Goitre: The term "goitre" refers to an abnormal enlargement of the thyroid gland. TPOAb testing is recommended by some experts in patients with goitres, even if their thyroid hormone levels are normal.
• Hyperthyroidism: When patients have an overactive thyroid, their physical examination and thyroid hormone tests may reveal that they have Graves' disease.
• TRAb testing or imaging tests may be useful in diagnosing or ruling out Graves' disease in less obvious cases.
• Thyroid cancer monitoring after treatment: Patients who have their thyroglobulin levels checked after treatment may also have their TgAb levels checked, as elevated TgAb can interfere with some thyroglobulin tests.
Although thyroglobulin antibodies may be elevated in both Hashimoto's and Graves' disease, they are rarely tested during the diagnostic process.
What is the normal range for ATG level?
The normal range for thyroglobulin is:
• In Men : 1.40 – 29.2 ng/mL (?g/L)
• In Women : 1.50 – 38.5 ng/mL
What other tests can be advised by the doctor in Kailashahar along with the anti-thyroglobulin antibody test?
Tests which can be advised along with the anti-thyroglobulin antibody test include theT4 (Thyroxine) test, T3 (Triiodothyronine) and Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) test.