CORTISOL test in Surat
Also known as urinary cortisol, salivary cortisol, free cortisol , dexamethasone suppression test, dst, acth stimulation test .
Now in Rs 500
> Test type : SERUM Sample Collection at home
> Pre-Test info: Fasting Not Required
> Test Report : Delivered within 12 Hrs
A Cortisol blood test measures the levels of cortisol hormone in the body. Cortisol can be measured through a simple blood test which can be ordered online in Surat.
Cortisol Levels normal range
Cortisol level ranges throughout the day. The level of cortisol is high during the day and low during the night. The normal level of cortisol during the day) is 10 to 20 mcg/dl and 3 to 10 mcg/dl during the evening hours.
Factors Contributing Cortisol Imbalance
1. Stress:- Long-term stress can cause an imbalance in cortisol levels, It heavily disrupts the functioning of the body& increases the levels of cortisol. Then cortisol disrupts the functioning of other organs such as the liver, kidneys, and heart. Prolonged exposure to high cortisol levels can cause weight gain, muscle weakness, severe fatigue, high blood pressure, and headache.
2. Pituitary Gland:- The pituitary gland is responsible for the production of hormones in the human body . The gland directly controls the production of cortisol. If the pituitary gland starts over or under functioning it affects the levels of cortisol in the major way.
3. Adrenal Gland:- Tumors in the adrenal gland can cause overproduction of cortisol. Tumors like adrenal adenoma can cause overproduction of cortisol hormone.
Symptoms of Cortisol deficiency and Cortisol surplus
The symptoms of low cortisol levels are-
• Drastic weight loss
• Poor appetite
• Low blood pressure
The symptoms of high Cortisol levels are-
• Weight gain
• Fat deposits around shoulder blades and waist
• Wide purple stretch marks on the abdomen
• Muscle weakness
• High blood and sugar levels
• Excessive hair growth
• Osteoporosis and fractures
CORTISOL - Additional Info
Test Price : Rs. 500 ( Tax included )
- Fasting Not Required
- Sample Type - SERUM
- Highly specific
- Affordable technique
- Fill the booking form
- Expert collect sample @ Home
- Get report in 24/48 hrs
- Serviceable City:Surat
Labs in Surat offering test similar to CORTISOL (Offline – Lab visit )
Zeel Clinical Laboratory
4/120, Botawala Marg, Near Peoples Bank, Rander, Surat, Gujarat - 395005
Hemjyot Pathology Laboratory
1st Floor, A P Market, Udhna, Surat, Gujarat - 394210
Aastha Pathology Laboratory
Shop No.101-102, 1st Floor, Roman Point, Varachha Road, Hira Baug Circle, Surat, Gujarat - 395006
Zalak Clinical Laboratory
U/2, Shakuntal Complex B, Below Harsh Hospital, Gujarat Gas Circle, Adajan Road, Surat, Gujarat - 395009
Iyers Pathology Laboratory
Shop no.M-18/19, Sargam Shopping Centre, Umra Jakat Naka, Parle Point Road, Parle Point, Surat, Gujarat - 395007
Virkrupa Clinical Laboratoy
Flat No M1 Anandeep Apartment, Syd Pr, Saiyedpura, Surat, Gujarat - 395003
Yash Clinical Laboratory
U-12/13, Trade House, Near State Bank Of India, Nanpura, Surat, Gujarat - 395001
Aishni Pathology Laboratory
203, Takshshila Apartment, 2nd Floor, Majura Gate, Surat, Gujarat - 395002
Shubh Diagnostic Service
F/2, Jash Point, Near Kshetrapal Temple, Sagrampura, Surat, Gujarat - 395002
Faqs for Cortisol test in surat
What is the procedure for the cortisol test?
The procedure of the cortisol test varies according to the testing medium. If the cortisol levels are checked through blood, a blood sample is taken out from the patient's body.
• The flow of the blood is restricted by tying an elastic band on the wrist.
• The skin is sanitized by alcohol and the needle is inserted into the vein.
• The blood sample is collected in the tube and sent to the lab for testing.
• A bandage is applied to the affected site to prevent blood flow.
What are the other test for Cortisol?
If the cortisol levels are tested through urine, the patient is advised to collect urine samples for 24 hours. The patient has to contact the lab before taking the test. The lab will provide a urine collection kit. After collecting the urine, the patient has to send the sample to a lab for testing.
Cortisol levels can be measured through a saliva as well. To measure cortisol levels the lab will provide you with a saliva collection tube. The lab will provide you with instructions for saliva collection.
How can I book a cortisol test at home?
Cortisol tests can be done at home. You can book a test online on mediyaar.com , a health practitioner will come to your home and collect the blood or saliva samples. The samples will then be sent to the lab and the report will be emailed & messaged to the patient.
How to book a cortisol blood test in surat?
To book a cortisol blood test in surat, you can take an online appointment by filling up the form on this page. You can conveniently pay after the blood sample is collected at your home in surat
What is the price of a cortisol test in surat?
The cost of a cortisol test at home in surat is mentioned on the top of the page, however if you wish to visit a path lab near you, the cost will depend on the reputation & experience of the lab.
What is the procedure for the cortisol test?
The steps for a cortisol test are-
• Book a test appointment with Mediyaar
• The practitioner will collect your samples at home.
• The samples will be sent to the laboratory for testing
• After testing the reports will be emailed or messaged to the patient.
Who needs to take a cortisol blood test?
A health practitioner advises his patients for a cortisol test after analysing the symptoms. Cortisol is an essential hormone for the proper functioning of the body. If you are gaining or losing weight rapidly you must immediately contact your health practitioner and get your body checked for cortisol. Stress is a major contributor to the overproduction of cortisol. You must participate in extracurricular activities with your family and friends to keep yourself healthy and stress-free. One must always remember that there is nothing more important than health and well-being in life.