Also known as SHBG Testosterone-Estrogen Binding Globulin TEBG
Now in Rs. 950
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG) by Thyrocare is group test which is originally priced at Rs 1000 and now available at a discounted price of Rs. 950 which is inclusive of taxes .Fasting Not Required for SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG) and sample can be collected at your home.
SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) is a blood protein that connects to hormones. It's made in the liver and, to a lesser extent, the testes. It's a long-extinct protein found in all mammals. There are even fish that have it.
This protein's duty is to quantify the volume of other hormones in your bloodstream and to select which tissues such hormones can reach.
Testosterone and oestrogen are two hormones that aid in the development of your body's sexual and reproductive tissues. SHBG is a protein that aids in the movement of active — that is, functional — forms of these hormones across your body.
This test determines how much SHBG is present in your blood. It's a liver-produced protein that binds to sex hormones seen in both men and women.
Test Price : Rs. 950 ( Tax included )
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG) is a health checkup package which
includes important parameters.
Get tested for SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG) at fully automated diagnostic laboratory Thyrocare which has Centralized Processing Lab (CPL) in Mumbai for esoteric tests and Regional Processing Labs in major cities of India.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited has huge set up covering over 2 Lakh sq. ft. floor area ensures zero error processing if approx 50 thousand specimens and over 3 lakh Clinical investigations per day is the right choice for your SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG) testing.
What is Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) Test?
The most common purpose of a Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) test is to determine how much testosterone is being delivered to the body's tissues. Total testosterone is a distinct test that can be used to determine testosterone production. This test determines how much testosterone is present in the human body, but just not how much would be used.
A total testosterone test may be sufficient to make a conclusion in some cases. However, some persons have indications of too much or too little testosterone that the findings of a total testosterone test cannot explain. An SHBG blood test may be conducted in these circumstances to learn more about the amount of testosterone circulating in the body.
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) Test Price in India:-
The cost of a sex hormone binding globulin test in India might range from Rs 700 to Rs 1500, relying on the region and expertise of the testing laboratory. Mediyaar offers the best SHBG blood test price in India. Book home collection appointment with us and get your test done at the comfort of your home.
What additional tests could I have in addition to this one?
• Blood tests for total and free testosterone will almost certainly be ordered by your doctor. This is due to the fact that SHBG levels fluctuate. To verify an androgen deficit, both the SHBG and total testosterone tests are required.
Is there any danger in taking this test?
• A blood test involving a needle entails various hazards. Bleeding, infection, bruises, and lightheadedness are some of the symptoms. You may feel a tiny sting or pain when the syringe pricks your arm or hand. It's possible that the area will be uncomfortable afterwards.
What factors could influence my test results?
• Opioids for pain management, central nervous system medications, and recreational drug usage can all alter your test findings. An eating issue or excessive, rigorous activity can also have an impact on your results.
When Should You Get SHBG Tested?
• When the total testosterone value is discordant with your observations and you have clinical symptoms of elevated or diminished testosterone.
What are the Implications of my test results?
• The test findings are usually available in 2-3 days. The test will reveal whether the body has high or low testosterone levels. The doctor will prescribe testosterone shortage medication based on the findings of the test.