Also known as Urinary Cortisol, Salivary Cortisol, Free Cortisol , Dexamethasone Suppression Test, Dst, Acth Stimulation Test
Now in Rs. 500
CORTISOL by Thyrocare is group test is now available at a discounted price of Rs. 500 which is inclusive of taxes .Fasting Not Required for CORTISOL and sample can be collected at your home.
Cortisol is a stress hormone that is produced by the adrenal glands in the human body. The hormone is responsible for keeping inflammation in control, regulating blood pressure & blood sugar levels, It also manages the utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in the body.
The Major functions of cortisol are:
1. Regulating the metabolism
Cortisol controls the digestion of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. During the time of stress ,cortisol sends signals to the liver to convert sugar into glucose to meet the energy demands of the body.
2. Regulation of sleep cycles
Cortisol helps to regulate the sleep cycles of the body. It plays an important role in the initiation and completion of sleep cycles. During the morning hours, the levels of cortisol are low as compare to the evening where the level are relatively high.
3. Initiating Flight and Fight response
Cortisol helps in the initiation of fight and flight response. During stressful times, cortisol triggers the liver to release sugar to meet the energy requirements of muscles. It also helps in the tapering of arteries to deliver blood supply to the heart and muscles.
4. Regulation of blood pressure levels
Cortisol helps in the regulation of blood pressure. When the levels of cortisol are high, the blood pressure level is also high and vice versa. Cortisol and blood pressure share a directly proportional relationship.
Other Cortisol Functions
• Cortisol helps in the production and release of milk in the human body.
• Cortisol helps in maintaining the body fluid levels in the body.
• Cortisol helps in regulating the inflammation levels in the body.
• Cortisol helps in the suppression of functions and responses that are not necessary during stressful times.
• Cortisol also regulates immune responses
Test Price : Rs. 500 ( Tax included )
CORTISOL is a health checkup package which
includes important parameters.
Get tested for CORTISOL at fully automated diagnostic laboratory Thyrocare which has Centralized Processing Lab (CPL) in Mumbai for esoteric tests and Regional Processing Labs in major cities of India.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited has huge set up covering over 2 Lakh sq. ft. floor area ensures zero error processing if approx 50 thousand specimens and over 3 lakh Clinical investigations per day is the right choice for your CORTISOL testing.
A Cortisol blood test measures the levels of cortisol hormone in the body. Cortisol can be measured through a simple blood test which can be ordered online in India.
Cortisol Levels normal range
Cortisol level ranges throughout the day. The level of cortisol is high during the day and low during the night. The normal level of cortisol during the day) is 10 to 20 mcg/dl and 3 to 10 mcg/dl during the evening hours.
Factors Contributing Cortisol Imbalance
1. Stress:- Long-term stress can cause an imbalance in cortisol levels, It heavily disrupts the functioning of the body& increases the levels of cortisol. Then cortisol disrupts the functioning of other organs such as the liver, kidneys, and heart. Prolonged exposure to high cortisol levels can cause weight gain, muscle weakness, severe fatigue, high blood pressure, and headache.
2. Pituitary Gland:- The pituitary gland is responsible for the production of hormones in the human body . The gland directly controls the production of cortisol. If the pituitary gland starts over or under functioning it affects the levels of cortisol in the major way.
3. Adrenal Gland:- Tumors in the adrenal gland can cause overproduction of cortisol. Tumors like adrenal adenoma can cause overproduction of cortisol hormone.
Symptoms of Cortisol deficiency and Cortisol surplus
The symptoms of low cortisol levels are-
• Drastic weight loss
• Poor appetite
• Low blood pressure
The symptoms of high Cortisol levels are-
• Weight gain
• Fat deposits around shoulder blades and waist
• Wide purple stretch marks on the abdomen
• Muscle weakness
• High blood and sugar levels
• Excessive hair growth
• Osteoporosis and fractures
Faqs for Cortisol test in India
What is the procedure for the cortisol test?
The procedure of the cortisol test varies according to the testing medium. If the cortisol levels are checked through blood, a blood sample is taken out from the patient's body.
• The flow of the blood is restricted by tying an elastic band on the wrist.
• The skin is sanitized by alcohol and the needle is inserted into the vein.
• The blood sample is collected in the tube and sent to the lab for testing.
• A bandage is applied to the affected site to prevent blood flow.
What are the other test for Cortisol?
If the cortisol levels are tested through urine, the patient is advised to collect urine samples for 24 hours. The patient has to contact the lab before taking the test. The lab will provide a urine collection kit. After collecting the urine, the patient has to send the sample to a lab for testing.
Cortisol levels can be measured through a saliva as well. To measure cortisol levels the lab will provide you with a saliva collection tube. The lab will provide you with instructions for saliva collection.
How can I book a cortisol test at home?
Cortisol tests can be done at home. You can book a test online on mediyaar.com , a health practitioner will come to your home and collect the blood or saliva samples. The samples will then be sent to the lab and the report will be emailed & messaged to the patient.
How to book a cortisol blood test in India?
To book a cortisol blood test in India, you can take an online appointment by filling up the form on this page. You can conveniently pay after the blood sample is collected at your home in India
What is the price of a cortisol test in India?
The cost of a cortisol test at home in India is mentioned on the top of the page, however if you wish to visit a path lab near you, the cost will depend on the reputation & experience of the lab.
What is the procedure for the cortisol test?
The steps for a cortisol test are-
• Book a test appointment with Mediyaar
• The practitioner will collect your samples at home.
• The samples will be sent to the laboratory for testing
• After testing the reports will be emailed or messaged to the patient.
Who needs to take a cortisol blood test?
A health practitioner advises his patients for a cortisol test after analysing the symptoms. Cortisol is an essential hormone for the proper functioning of the body. If you are gaining or losing weight rapidly you must immediately contact your health practitioner and get your body checked for cortisol. Stress is a major contributor to the overproduction of cortisol. You must participate in extracurricular activities with your family and friends to keep yourself healthy and stress-free. One must always remember that there is nothing more important than health and well-being in life.