A Test That Measures Blood Sugar Levels While Fasting. Elevated Levels are associated With Diabetes and insulin Resistanc
Now in Rs. 80
FASTING BLOOD SUGAR by Thyrocare is group test is now available at a discounted price of Rs. 80 which is inclusive of taxes .10-12 Hours Fasting Required for FASTING BLOOD SUGAR and sample can be collected at your home.
A blood sugar test determines the amount of sugar (glucose) in your blood. This test may be prescribed by your doctor to aid in the diagnosis of diabetes. This test can be used by diabetics to help them manage their disease.
The following information is provided if we conduct a blood sugar tests:
- You should alter your diet or exercise routine.
- How well your diabetes treatment or medications are working for you.
- If you have a high or low blood sugar level.
- You can achieve your diabetes treatment objectives in the long run.
As part of a routine Blood Sugar checkup online, your doctor might order a blood sugar test. They may also want to check to see if you have diabetes or prediabetes, a condition in which your blood sugar levels are higher than normal.
If any of the following applies to you, your chances of developing diabetes increase:
- You've reached the age of 45 years or more.
- You've gained weight.
- You don't get enough exercise.
- You have high blood pressure, high triglycerides, or low HDL levels.
- If you've ever had gestational diabetes or given birth to a baby who weighed more than 9 pounds.
- If you've had a history of insulin resistance, this is something you should be aware of.
- if you've had a stroke or have high blood pressure.
- You have a history of diabetes in your family.
Test Price : Rs. 80 ( Tax included )
FASTING BLOOD SUGAR is a health checkup package which
includes important parameters.
Get tested for FASTING BLOOD SUGAR at fully automated diagnostic laboratory Thyrocare which has Centralized Processing Lab (CPL) in Mumbai for esoteric tests and Regional Processing Labs in major cities of India.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited has huge set up covering over 2 Lakh sq. ft. floor area ensures zero error processing if approx 50 thousand specimens and over 3 lakh Clinical investigations per day is the right choice for your FASTING BLOOD SUGAR testing.
Fasting Blood Sugar Test:
Fasting blood sugar levels reveal crucial information about a person's blood sugar management. Blood sugar levels usually peak an hour after eating and then begin to decline. High fasting blood sugar levels indicate insulin resistance or diabetes, whereas abnormally low fasting blood sugar levels could indicate the use of diabetes medications.
Knowing when to test and what to look for can help people stay healthy, especially if they have or are at risk of developing diabetes in India
Symptoms of fasting blood sugar:
- sweating and shivering.
- Jittery feel.
- Having trouble concentrating.
- energy deficiency.
- Paler-than-normal skin.
- A feeling of exhaustion.
- Muscle aches or headaches.
- Heartbeat that is too fast or too irregular.
Benefits of the Fasting Blood Sugar Test:
Fasting blood sugar is a common blood test used to diagnose diabetes, gestational diabetes, and prediabetes. You should fast for 8 to 12 hours before the test, only drinking water. Consult your doctor in India about whether a fasting blood glucose test is necessary or not.
They help diabetics manage their condition and learn more about what affects blood sugar levels. The fasting blood sugar test is a simple blood test that can be used to diagnose prediabetes, diabetes, and gestational diabetes.
If you have diabetes symptoms, your doctor may order this test for you. A fasting blood sugar test will almost certainly be ordered by the doctor. People who already have diabetes can use the blood glucose test to monitor their condition. If you have any of the following, the test may be performed on you:
- A rise in the number of times you need to go to the bathroom.
- Recently put on a significant amount of weight.
- The vision is blurry.
- Confusion or a shift in your usual speech or demeanor.
- Casting spells that make you faint.
- Experiencing seizures for the first time.
- Coma or unconsciousness.
FAQs for Blood sugar test in India
Why is the blood sugar test important?
When it comes to diabetes management, blood sugar testing is extremely useful. It may be useful in the following situations:
- Keep an eye on how diabetes medications affect blood sugar levels.
- Detect high and low blood sugar levels.
What is the test cost of blood sugar in India?
The cost of a sugar test is determined by which one your doctor recommends. The price varies according to the lab and location. When booking in India, the test price may vary from lab to lab.
You'll be given a glucose-containing liquid to drink, and your blood will be drawn an hour later to check your blood sugar level. 140 mg/dL or less is considered normal. A glucose tolerance test will be required if your level is higher than 140 mg/dL.
How do you prepare for a blood sugar test?
You should fast for 8 to 12 hours before taking a fasting glucose test. You'll find out how long you should fast from your doctor.
What should I expect on the day of the examination?
A typical blood draw is used to perform a fasting blood glucose test. A medical professional will:
- To eliminate germs, clean the inside of your elbow.
- Tie a band around your upper arm to assist in the filling of the veins in your arm.
- Place a clean needle into a vein (it should feel like a pinch).
- Blood should be drawn into a vial attached to the needle and labeled with your personal information.
- After removing the band, remove the needle.
- To stop the bleeding, apply pressure to the area where the needle was inserted.
- Place a bandage on the area.
Where do I test for blood sugar levels in India?
The Blood Sugar Test in India is available mostly at all the diagnostic centers However you can order a blood sugar level test at home in India by filling up the booking form on this page.
What is the normal sugar level in fasting?
A fasting blood sugar level of 99 mg/dL or less is considered normal, while 100 to 125 mg/dL is considered prediabetes, and 126 mg/dL or more is considered diabetes.
What is normal blood sugar by age?
Adults should have blood sugar levels of 90 to 130 mg/dL (5.0 to 7.2 mmol/L) before meals. For children aged 13 to 19, the range is 90 to 130 mg/dL (5.0 to 7.2 mmol/L). For children aged 6 to 12, the concentration should be between 90 and 180 mg/dL (5.0 to 10.0 mmol/L).
Who needs to take a blood sugar test in India?
Adults in India who are 40 to 70 years of age and are overweight or obese should be tested for abnormal blood glucose and type 2 diabetes, and if the results are normal, they should be tested again every three years. Individuals with a higher risk should be screened earlier and more frequently.
What happens if Blood Sugar is too high?
Because the body does not produce enough insulin, hyperglycemia (high blood glucose) occurs when there is too much sugar in the blood. Hyperglycemia, a symptom of diabetes, can cause vomiting, excessive hunger and thirst, a rapid heartbeat, vision problems, and other issues. Hyperglycemia, if left untreated, can cause serious health complications.