Also known as Plasma total Homocysteine, Urine Homocysteine, Homocysteine Cardiac Risk , to help Determine If you are Deficient in Vitamins B6, B9 (Folate) or B12; to Determine If you are At increased Risk of Heart Attack or Stroke
Now in Rs. 820
HOMOCYSTEINE by Thyrocare is group test which is originally priced at Rs 1100 and now available at a discounted price of Rs. 820 which is inclusive of taxes .10-12 Hours Fasting Required for HOMOCYSTEINE and sample can be collected at your home.
Homocysteine is a form of the amino acid homocysteine. Amino acids are molecules found in your bloodstream that aid in the production of proteins. Homocysteine is broken down by vitamins B12, B6, and B9 (folate) to produce other compounds that your body requires.
A homocysteine test is a blood test that determines how much homocysteine is present in your body. Homocysteine is a molecule found in your blood in trace amounts. Vitamins B6, B9, and B12 aid in the disintegration of homocysteine converting it to other compounds required by the body.
Homocysteine levels in your blood should be quite low after this procedure. Your homocysteine level may be elevated if the procedure isn't performing properly.
Test Price : Rs. 820 ( Tax included )
HOMOCYSTEINE is a health checkup package which
includes important parameters.
Get tested for HOMOCYSTEINE at fully automated diagnostic laboratory Thyrocare which has Centralized Processing Lab (CPL) in Mumbai for esoteric tests and Regional Processing Labs in major cities of India.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited has huge set up covering over 2 Lakh sq. ft. floor area ensures zero error processing if approx 50 thousand specimens and over 3 lakh Clinical investigations per day is the right choice for your HOMOCYSTEINE testing.
What is a Homocysteine Test?
Homocysteine blood test may be used to determine if you have coronary heart disease or are at an increased risk of developing it. This test may also be used to evaluate for vitamin B-12 or folate deficiency.
Homocysteine levels in the blood are measured with this testing. Amino acid homocysteine is a form of homocysteine. Your body produces it on its own. However, in high concentrations, it can harm the inside of arteries. It has the potential to promote blood coagulation. This could put you at risk of a heart attack, heart problems, blood clots, and seizures.
You could also be examined to see if your homocysteine levels are being reduced as a result of your medication. Nutritional modifications, folic acid, and vitamin B supplements are examples of these. So come to Mediyaar and book Homocysteine blood test online.
Homocysteine Test Price in India
A homocysteine blood test price in India might cost between Rs 600 and Rs 1200, based on the region and capability of the diagnostic center.
In a homocysteine test, what occurs?
• With the help of a little needle, a health care practitioner will draw blood from a vein in your arm. A blood specimen is obtained in a test tube or vial after the syringe is placed. When the injection goes in or out, you might feel a tiny sting. It normally takes around five minutes to complete this task.
Is there any danger in taking the test?
• Receiving a blood test carries relatively little risk. You may experience little pain or bruising where the injection was inserted, but most effects fade rapidly.
How can I determine if a homocysteine test is necessary?
• If you're at risk for heart disease, you could need a homocysteine test. If you experience signs of vitamin B insufficiency, you may need a homocysteine blood test. Dizziness, weariness, and muscle weakness are all common signs of vitamin B deficiency.
What should I do to prepare for this test?
• You don't need to prepare for this test in any way. All drugs, herbs, vitamins, and extras you're taking should be disclosed to your healthcare physician. This covers over-the-counter medications as well as any illegal substances you may be using.
What causes high Homocysteine?
• Homocysteine levels are elevated for a variety of reasons. The body generally converts homocysteine to other amino acids for usage. Homocysteine is used by your body with the help of vitamin B. You might not have been receiving enough B vitamins if your homocysteine levels get too high.