Also known as Carbohydrate antigen 19-9 Cancer antigen-Gi Ca-Gi Ca 19-9 , Primarily to Monitor Response to Pancreatic Cancer Treatment and to Watch for Recurrence, Sometimes to Aid in the Diagnosis of Pancreatic Cancer
Now in Rs. 740
CA 19.9 by Thyrocare is group test which is originally priced at Rs 750 and now available at a discounted price of Rs. 740 which is inclusive of taxes .Fasting Not Required for CA 19.9 and sample can be collected at your home.
CA 19.9 (Cancer Antigen 19.9) is a protein discovered in the bloodstream. CA 19.9 may suggest the existence of some malignancies or noncancerous diseases when present at high levels.
CA 19.9 blood test is used in conjunction with other forms of testing, such as imaging, to aid in the diagnosis of illness, the monitoring of a patient's response to therapy, and the detection of disease recurrence following treatment.
CA 19.9 can be detected in trace amounts in fit people's blood. CA 19.9 levels that are too high are often a symptom of pancreatic cancer. High amounts, on the other hand, might occasionally signal other forms of cancer or certain non-cancerous illnesses, such as cirrhosis and stones.
Test Price : Rs. 740 ( Tax included )
CA 19.9 is a health checkup package which
includes important parameters.
Get tested for CA 19.9 at fully automated diagnostic laboratory Thyrocare which has Centralized Processing Lab (CPL) in Mumbai for esoteric tests and Regional Processing Labs in major cities of India.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited has huge set up covering over 2 Lakh sq. ft. floor area ensures zero error processing if approx 50 thousand specimens and over 3 lakh Clinical investigations per day is the right choice for your CA 19.9 testing.
What is the CA 19.9 Test?
A CA 19-9 blood test is used to determine the quantity of CA 19.9 in the blood. It is a kind of indicator. Tumor markers are chemicals present in the tissue, blood, or other bodily fluids that can indicate the presence of malignancy or noncancerous diseases.
CA 19.9 Price in India:
Price: Starting from Rs. 150-1500
A CA 19.9 blood Test in India might cost somewhere around Rs 150 and Rs 1500, depending on the locality and screening laboratory's expertise.
Is there any danger in taking the test?
• Getting a blood test carries relatively little risk. You may experience little pain or bruising where the needle was inserted, but most indications fade rapidly.
When does the CA 19-9 test take place?
• CA 19-9 levels can be analyzed in the context of a panel of biomarkers in a blood test to diagnose the illness. Patients may also be eligible for the test if they have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
What Is the Procedure for the CA 19.9 blood Test?
• The patient's blood is drawn and forwarded to a laboratory for testing to determine the concentration of CA 19.9 in the blood. A radioimmunoassay, or RIA, test is used to analyse this sample of blood.
What additional tests could I have in addition to this one?
• Other tumour markers may be checked using tests ordered by your healthcare physician. To understand more about your cancer, you may have imaging studies or other lab tests. These extra tests will help you figure out if your Cancer Antigen - CA 19.9 blood test is positive due to something beyond cancer.
Is there anything more I should know about the CA 19-9 test?
• Testing techniques and results for CA 19.9 blood test online can differ from lab to lab. If you're obtaining tests on a regular basis to monitor your cancer therapy, talk to your doctor about having all of your tests done at the same lab so that your results are consistent.