Also known as Tumor Marker, Cancer Marker , tests can help detect signs of prostate cancer
Now in Rs. 740
FREE PSA by Thyrocare is group test which is originally priced at Rs 750 and now available at a discounted price of Rs. 740 which is inclusive of taxes .Fasting Not Required for FREE PSA and sample can be collected at your home.
PSA is a chemical produced by the prostate gland. The amount varies depending on the person's age and other circumstances. According to Trusted Source, combining information regarding the levels of the two kinds of PSA, free and total PSA, can aid validate a prostate cancer diagnosis.
PSA is a protein produced by the body in the prostate gland and other sections of the urinary tract. PSA comes in various forms, including total and free PSA. They have two options: they can bind to some other protein or they can glide around freely.
A complete PSA test counts both bound and free-floating antigens, therefore it analyzes all of the PSA. A free PSA test, on the other end, only analyses PSA that is not attached to another protein and is circulating freely in the bloodstream.
A doctor can check for free and total PSA levels by drawing blood and submitting it to a lab for examination. By comparing the two results, they will be able to determine the likelihood of prostate cancer.
Test Price : Rs. 740 ( Tax included )
FREE PSA is a health checkup package which
includes important parameters.
Get tested for FREE PSA at fully automated diagnostic laboratory Thyrocare which has Centralized Processing Lab (CPL) in Mumbai for esoteric tests and Regional Processing Labs in major cities of India.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited has huge set up covering over 2 Lakh sq. ft. floor area ensures zero error processing if approx 50 thousand specimens and over 3 lakh Clinical investigations per day is the right choice for your FREE PSA testing.
What Is The Free PSA Test?
The PSA test in India can detect elevated PSA levels, which could suggest prostate cancer. PSA levels can be raised by a variety of diseases, including an enlarged or inflammatory prostate. As a result, figuring out what a high PSA score signifies can be difficult.
There's a lot of contradicting information out there on PSA testing. You should discuss the problem with your doctor, taking into account your risk factors and evaluating your personal preferences before deciding on a PSA test. So book your test with us now at Mediyaar.
Free PSA Test Pricing in India
Price: Starting from Rs. 500-1000
• The pricing of a free PSA test in India might vary from Rs 500 to Rs 1000, depending on the area and the diagnostic laboratory's expertise.
Why do doctors recommend the free PSA test?
• If your PSA levels are somewhat elevated, a free PSA test may be administered instead of a biopsy. If your cancer has recurred after therapy, it can also be used to provide your doctor with a sense of how strong the cancer is.
What do the results of your tests imply?
• The more your PSA level and the lesser your free PSA level, the stronger your likelihood of prostate cancer is. Age determines the ranges. Even if you don't really have prostate cancer, your PSA levels are likely to grow as you age.
Is a free PSA test necessary to take?
• If your overall PSA levels are high, a free PSA test is generally a better next step than heading directly to a biopsy. In the end, it's a question you and your physician should talk about.
How is the testing carried out?
• A needle will be used by a nurse or healthcare technician to take blood from a vein, most probably in your arm. Your PSA level is determined by analyzing your sample of blood in the laboratory.
Is the test capable of detecting cancer?
• Although free PSA testing is faster, less expensive, and less traumatic than biopsies, they cannot verify or rule out malignancy. A biopsy may be suggested if the levels first indicate a potential risk of prostate cancer.