Tests to help diagnose immuno deficiencies in a Adult or child who gets a lot of infections or unusual infections.
Now in Rs. 725
IMMUNOGLOBULIN M (IGM) by Thyrocare is group test which is originally priced at Rs 750 and now available at a discounted price of Rs. 725 which is inclusive of taxes .Fasting Not Required for IMMUNOGLOBULIN M (IGM) and sample can be collected at your home.
Immunoglobulin M is a kind of immunoglobulin that can be found in blood and lymph fluid. IgM is among the major antibodies the body produces, and it is also the primary antibody to fight off new antigens and germs that damage immune function.
Because of its capability to grab on to specific antigens without prior immunisation, the IgM antibody is also known as the body's natural antibody. By actively neutralising infections, the IgM antibody initiates an immune reaction to the foreign object very quickly.
Both high IgM levels and IgM deficiency are harmful to one's health because they weaken the body's immune system, subjecting it to subsequent infections. Fungal infections, recurring infections, sinusitis, pneumonia, atopic or chronic dermatitis, seasonal allergies, wheezing, and diarrhoea are all more common in persons with IgM deficiency.
Increased levels of IgM antibodies, on the other hand, cause gastrointestinal issues, autoimmune diseases such as chronic arthritis, low platelet counts, haemolytic anaemia, hypothyroidism and kidney illness, neutropenia, and an increased risk of cancers such as neuroendocrine malignancy.
Test Price : Rs. 725 ( Tax included )
IMMUNOGLOBULIN M (IGM) is a health checkup package which
includes important parameters.
Get tested for IMMUNOGLOBULIN M (IGM) at fully automated diagnostic laboratory Thyrocare which has Centralized Processing Lab (CPL) in Mumbai for esoteric tests and Regional Processing Labs in major cities of India.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited has huge set up covering over 2 Lakh sq. ft. floor area ensures zero error processing if approx 50 thousand specimens and over 3 lakh Clinical investigations per day is the right choice for your IMMUNOGLOBULIN M (IGM) testing.
What is Immunoglobulin M (IGM) Test?
The Immunoglobulin M (IGM) Test is used to determine how many IgM antibodies are present in the blood. The IgM blood test can also be used to evaluate a patient's immune system, as well as to detect and track an overload or deficit of various Immunoglobulin classes. The IgA, IgG, and IgM tests are frequently conducted together to gain a more complete picture of a person's immune function and antigen-handling ability. So make an appointment with us at Mediyaar for your test.
Immunoglobulin M (IGM) Test Price in India
The cost of an Immunoglobulin M (IGM) Test in India can range from Rs 600 to Rs 1000, depending on the location and functionality of the diagnostic facility. Mediyaar offers the best Immunoglobulin M, IgM blood test price in India. Book home collection appointment with us and get your test done at the comfort of your home.
How Should an Immunoglobulin Test Be Prepared?
• Unless they are simultaneously having other tests that necessitate fasting, children can eat and drink normally. Inform your doctor about any medications your kid is taking, as certain medications can alter test results.
When an Immunoglobulin Test Is Done, What Happens Next?
• To prevent bleeding, the health care provider will withdraw the rubber band and syringe, then wrap the area using cotton or a bandage. There may be some little bruising thereafter, but this should subside within a few days.
Are there any negative consequences to taking the test?
• The Immunoglobulin M test is a safe technique with no known dangers, and any adverse effects that may occur are minor, such as stiffness in the treated area or dizziness.
What are the implications of the test results?
• The outcomes of the Immunoglobulin M test are graded as high or low. Primary or secondary immunological insufficiency could cause low IgM levels or IgM deficiency. While high IgM levels or raised IgM levels may indicate macroglobulinemia, etc.
Is there anything, in particular, that should be done before taking the test?
• The Immunoglobulin M blood test is a straightforward blood test that requires no special procedure. However, you should tell your doctor about any medications you're taking, as they may impact your IgM testing results.