Also known as C4, Ch50 , Ch100 , total Complement , Complement (antigen, Functional or Activity)
Now in Rs. 500
COMPLEMENT 4 (C4) by Thyrocare is group test is now available at a discounted price of Rs. 500 which is inclusive of taxes .Fasting Not Required for COMPLEMENT 4 (C4) and sample can be collected at your home.
The complement system is made up of nine primary components, which are named C1, C2, up to C9. Among all, C4 or component 4 is an important protein that helps to strengthen the immune system. C4 has a vital role to play in the complex complement system. It is a product of the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) system and has a number of important roles in tolerance and autoimmunity.
Apart from this, it aids in connecting the overall system's recognition pathways triggered by antibody-antigen complexes to the other effector proteins of the innate immune response. Assessing the level of complement C4 may aid in determining any alterations in the complement system that can lead to a variety of health issues. Abnormal levels may indicate an underlying problem.
The complement C4 blood test checks this protein's activity in contrast to other components. It is conducted to assist discover the source of recurring bacterial infections and chronic inflammation, or to monitor autoimmune illnesses such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
Test Price : Rs. 500 ( Tax included )
COMPLEMENT 4 (C4) is a health checkup package which
includes important parameters.
Get tested for COMPLEMENT 4 (C4) at fully automated diagnostic laboratory Thyrocare which has Centralized Processing Lab (CPL) in Mumbai for esoteric tests and Regional Processing Labs in major cities of India.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited has huge set up covering over 2 Lakh sq. ft. floor area ensures zero error processing if approx 50 thousand specimens and over 3 lakh Clinical investigations per day is the right choice for your COMPLEMENT 4 (C4) testing.
The Complement C4 Test commonly called complement component 4 or just C4, is a blood test that measures the amount of C4 proteins in your bloodstream. C4 protein, an integral component of the complement system, is a collection of almost 30 proteins present in blood plasma. These proteins aid the immune system's function effectively while protecting the body from infectious germs and viruses. This test is often recommended by doctor in India to diagnose and monitor a chronic illness, detect infection, and treat an existing ailment.
The possible benefits of the booking a Complement C4 test in India on mediyaar are:
• It aids in the monitoring of protein levels in those who already have an autoimmune illness.
• It gives doctors important information on the efficacy of current treatment for an autoimmune illness.
• Furthermore, it assists in the early detection of some chronic medical disorders.
FAQS for Complement C4 in India:
What is the price of the Complement C4 blood test in India?
The Complement C4 blood test price depending on locality , quality of Labs , and availability.Mediyaar offers the best price ( mentioned on the top ) for quality home service for blood test in India.
What are the symptoms of the Complement C4 Test?
In case your doctor in India finds you suspected of autoimmune disease and you show the following symptoms, then you may need a Complement C4 Test:
• A rash over your cheeks in the form of a butterfly
• Ulcers in the mouth or nose
• Loss of hair
• Joint swelling and discomfort
• Low temperatures
• Sensitivity to the sun or light
• Extreme exhaustion
• Swelling in your hands and feet, as well as around your eyes
• When you breathe deeply, you feel pain in your chest.
• Cold or tension causes numbness or blueness in the toes and fingers.
Additionally, if your doctor observes altered kidney function or notices indications of chronic hepatitis, he may ask for this test. Moreover, if you have already been diagnosed with an autoimmune illness, this test can be used to monitor its progression.
What causes high Complement C4 levels?
Blood's C4 levels rise as a result of inflammatory situations and in response to low-grade inflammation. The following are the causes of high complement C4 levels:
• Obesity and C4 levels rise with BMI.
• Psoriasis, dermatitis, and hives are examples of skin ailments.
• Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
• Rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Kidney failure and inflammation
• Hodgkin's lymphoma, leukemia, and sarcoma
• Infection or injury
C4 levels are also reported to be higher during pregnancy and when certain medicinesare used.
What is the use of the Complement C4 Test?
Often, Complement C4 Test is used to monitor and diagnose autoimmune diseases like:
• Lupus is a chronic illness that affects different parts such as the joints, blood vessels, kidneys, and brain.
• Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder that causes joint discomfort and swelling, most notably in the hands and feet.
Moreover, it may also aid in the diagnosis of some bacterial, viral, or fungal illnesses.
What is the procedure for the Complement C4 Test?
The procedure to carry out the Complement C4 blood test at home is as follows:
• An antiseptic is used to clean the spot.
• The technician also called phlebotomists wraps a band made of elastic around the patient's upper arm to apply pressure to the region and cause the vein to expand with blood.
• A needle is carefully pricked into the vein by the expert.
• Most often; to collect blood a vein from the inside of the elbow or the back of the hand is used.
• Blood is collected in an airtight container or tube linked to the needle. Your arm's elastic band is then removed.
• The needle is withdrawn after taking the blood sample. To stop the bleeding, if any, the puncture site is covered.
A sharp instrument called a lancet is inserted into the skin causing it to bleed in newborns or young children. The blood sample is taken in a pipette, a tiny glass tube, or on a slide or test strip. If there is any bleeding, a bandage is applied immediately on the required part.
How to book the Complement C4 Blood Test in India?
You can book a Complement C4 Blood Test in India online by filling up the above form. Our patient-friendly platform will automatically schedule a C4 Blood Test online appointment for you.
What are the normal ranges of the C4 blood tests?
The normal range of the C4 blood tests is 16 to 48 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or 0.16 to 0.48 grams per liter (g/l). However, these levels may differ somewhat from one laboratory to the other. To understand the exact implications of the test findings for subsequent treatment, you must speak to a doctor.
What is the complement system in the body?
The human body has a complement system in the bloodstream that contains vital proteins to fight viruses and bacteria while also eliminating dead cells.The blood complement system is a collection of circulating blood proteins that help the body respond to immunological and inflammatory stimuli. Furthermore, the blood complement system regulates the body's natural defenses.
Additionally, when antibodies are produced or released into the body, this system is activated, assisting the antibodies in responding to a foreign antigen or even fighting the body itself. However, in certain people, the complement system may be unregulated due to a lack of particular components. If this happens, it might lead to autoimmune illness or raise the risk of recurrent bacterial infections.